Monday, October 08, 2007

Freezepop

Two things for you all today.

First, I was blog surfing, just following links and I came across the epitome of sample warehouses online.

The UbUweb 365 project, which seems to kind fo fallen apart from it's original idea, hosts a plethora of mp3 samples from PSA's to obscura. Here ya go.

Next, while blog surfing I stumbled upon a band that is already gaining popularity.

Freezepop has quickly become one of my favorite Synthpop bands currently playing. All of their songs sound vaguely familiar, and the voice of Liz Enthusiasm is intoxicating.

Their track, "Pop music is not a crime," reminds me a little of Brian Kelly's "She is Dancing" from the Basquiat soundtrack. It's just a few lines that have the same cadence and rhyme scheme I guess.

And, Fort Lauderdale's You Tube of the Now!

This one features Chris Carraba from Dashboard Confessional looking embarrassed as some other idiot tells a random girl outside Revolution how to dogsit Cash, Carraba's dog.

Enjoy, I guess:

No comments: