Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trans?

I was going through some used CDs and came across this:
Omega, It's a Secret Link!
I had no idea that Neil Young created an electronica album.
Apparently the CD wasn't realeased in the US until the early `00s, although the LP was available since 1982.
The backstory is that while goofing around with instruments and some of the newer tech gadgets of the early eighties, Young found out he could communicate with his son, who has Cerebal Palsy, better while using a vocoder. This led him to recording this album, which he sports a vocoder on more than half the tracks.
Here's a review from Rolling Stone

My take on it?
Well, it's more like Young is dabbling in electronica, not actually committing to it. I've heard much worse electronic music by better musicians, but I have abit of Neil Young nostalgia, and this just adds to the pile.
Sample and Hold

Anyways, listen for yourself and see what you think.

No comments: